Pages

Sunday, February 7 Bookworm | A Monster Calls


























"And if no one sees you, are you really there at all?"
[Page 175]


One of the things I hate/love in a book is the way they make you feel. I really don't like when they make me cry, cry in a good way, but still...
My sister is the one who as all the books and I'm always sneaking books from her to read, she had talk about this one for a while now and I became intrigued so I decided to start reading it.


"Stories don't always have happy endings"
[Page 162]




























Short store, it talks about Connor and his nightmare, the nightmare that he has been having for every night since is mother fell ill. But one night he wakes up to a visitor in his window and he wants to know what Connor doesn't want to say, the truth.

Have to say, Patrick Ness makes you feel every single thing through the whole book, you can feel when he is anger, when he is upset, and for me that's the number one thing in a book, make you feel the same way.


"Sometimes people need to lie to themselves most of all."
[Page 81]


I really don't want to spoil any of it, the truth is (see what I did there?) you have to read it and I promise you won't be disappointed!


my rating : 10/10

No comments :

Post a Comment