Pages

Tuesday, March 8 Kitchen Mess | Water Cake



Just wait, I know this probably has a weird name for you. As you know, translating things from Portuguese to English doesn't always turn up alright, but that's it's the name of the cake I'm sharing with you today!

As the name suggests the cake is supposed to be made with water, but me and my mom always do with milk, but this time we tried something new and I must say that turned out very good.


You'll need:
4 eggs, 3 cups of white sugar, 1 cup of cream (or water, if you wan't to try this way), 3 cups of all purpose flour, dash of vanilla extract, dash of lemon zest, 1 tea spoon of yeast.

Preparation:
So, instead of using water we are going to use cream, but you can always try how it turns out with water.
Start by separating the yolks from the whites, hand put the whites aside. Then add the sugar to the yolks and beat it until it's all combined (if you think 3 cups of sugar is too much you can always take a lit bit, I always do that).When it's all mixed in start adding the cream, the lemon zest and the dash of vanilla and mix in, after that add the flour in stages so it doesn't create lumps.
Now back to the whites, we have to beat them until they form peaks, when that happens it means that is on point, and then you can add that to your previous mixture, mix in very carefully!
Last thing, and the most important: put in the oven and bake the cake. I'll recommend at 170ÂșC and keep an eye, I don't usually use a determined time, I only check the cake every ten minutes.

Hope you enjoy, and if you try it let me know int the comments.

No comments :

Post a Comment