Pages

Sunday, March 27 Kitchen Mess | Chickpea Salad

Every now and then people should focus on what they are eating and see if it's the right thing for them. I don't eat right, tend to miss meals and sometimes not eating at all during the day, so the other day I stopped and took a look at what I've been eating lately and the most it's meat.

Wait, I'm not going vegan or vegetarian, but I do have to cut some meat out of my meals if I want to get fit and live better. And in that note, one of the things I want to start doing more is salads, for many reasons, because they're cheaper, lighter, healthier and easy to make.

I had in my fridge a couple of tomatoes and a couple of peppers waiting to be eaten, and before they rotten, this chickpea salad was created!


























You'll need:
1/2 Pepper, 540g Chickpea, 1/2 Onion, 1 Tomato

Preparation:
First you start by preparing the pepper, tomato and onion, I took the seeds out and chopped the pepper and the tomato and then put them aside; then I cut the onion half and chopped in tiny pieces.
My chickpea was in a flask, I took them out and passed water on them to take the liquid that they usually come in. And now, this is the tricky part: you have to mix it all together! 
At last and not least you season it the way you want, I went for olive, pepper and garlic, but you can use mayo or other type of sauce.



























This recipe did three meals for me.
Hope you enjoy this little treat and as you can see is pretty easy to make!

No comments :

Post a Comment